If you have an Android smartphone and downloaded the first apps from the Google Play Store to the device, you'll surely want to know how to update them so you can always use the latest features.
We'd like to discuss how you can update Android apps manually and automatically. To do this, follow these steps:
Manually Update Apps in Android - Google Play Store
- Open the app menu on your Android smartphone, then choose the Google Play Store app market.
- Tap the Hamburger icon in the upper-left corner - The sidebar will open --> Select "My Apps and Games"
- You will now see all the apps that are currently installed on your Android smartphone and at the beginning of the list those that can be updated
- Tap either "Update all" or select a single app, in which you then select the "Refresh" button.
Automatically update apps in Android
If it is too time costly to check whether a new update is available, you can use the function Update automatically "feature provided by the Google Play Store.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the Google Play Store again and then the Side menu
- Select "Settings" and "Automatic app updates".
- Now set the setting to on of the following options:
- Update Apps at any time
- Automatically update app updates only via W-Lan
Afterwards, apps on your Android smartphone are automatically updated and you always have the latest app version on your Android smartphone.
You now know two methods to update apps on the Google Play Store on an Android smartphone.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: