You can set a password on your Wi-Fi router, which must be entered for new connections so that a connection can be established. Of course, you can also change this Wi-Fi password. In our guide, we will explain how you must proceed step by step to change the wireless LAN password on the router.
How can I change my WLAN password on the router?
- To do this, first open a browser on a PC or smartphone connected to the Wi-Fi router.
- In the address line, enter one of the following IP addresses:
- You should now see a login screen on your router:
- Now enter the login data to access the W-Lan router. If you no longer know your access data, you have to reset the router with a reset button on the housing and then log on with the standard access data. That can be found on the manufacturer's website of the router provider.
- You should now be in the control center of the W-Lan router. Now search for "Wireless" and "Wireless Security". Depending on the W-Lan router, the name or the menu guide may be different.
- Enter a new Wi-Fi router password: After you have entered the password, you must reconnect all devices that had previously been connected to the W-LAN router.
You now know how to change a W-Lan router password quickly and easily.
... Or leave us a comment.: