If a firmware update for your GoPro Hero 4 is available, then you should install it in a timely manner on your action camera because a firmware update increases the performance in general. Possible improvements for your GoPro Hero 4 are:
- Longer battery life
- New functions for shooting
- Improved menu navigation
- And much more.
Should a new GoPro Hero 4 firmware update be available, then you have two ways to install this on your camera:
Option 1: Update via Smartphone
Option 2: Update on computer and USB connection
For this variant, you must proceed as follows:
- Download the following software on your PC from the GoPro website: GoPro Studio
- Connect the GoPro via a USB cable to the PC
- GoPro Studio detects your GoPro Hero 4 and proposes if available a firmware update
- Follow the wizard and the new firmware is then transferred to your GoPro Hero 4
Then the firmware update is installed on your GoPro action camera it can be used again. Have fun with the new features!