Anyone who owns a vehicle of the BMW brand and want to connect the new Samsung Galaxy S7 to the Bluetooth hands-free system may have the problem that the Samsung Galaxy S7 is not recognized by the car.
The reason is that the BMW system does not know your new Samsung Galaxy S7. But fortunately this can be easily solved with an update of the BMW software.
This update is free and can be performed with a USB stick, which is connected in the glove compartment. Here is the procedure:
Download for your BMW the latest “Connected Drive” firmware for the navigation system or media display. This includes the support of the latest Smartphone models such for the Samsung Galaxy S7.
The Connected Drive firmware update can be imported as follows on your BMW:
1. You need the last seven digits of your VIN. You may find the VIN, for example, on your vehicle registration.
2. This number must be entered on the official BMW website at the Connected Drive update section.
3. You can then download the latest firmware for your vehicle.
4. After you have downloaded the nearly 10 MB file, move it to a compatible USB flash drive (FAT32). 5. Then you must now connect this USB stick into the USB port in the glove compartment of your BMW.
6. Now navigate using the operator console in your car to
Settings --> Start update and select here "USB" -> Software Update.
Then the BMW wizard starts, which guides you through the installation of the update. Then please run again the search for the Bluetooth hands-free system on your Samsung Galaxy S7. This should be now detected without problems and then connected.