On the Samsung Galaxy S7 you can download in the app "Google Maps" maps and manage them offline. This feature helps you to save mobile data traffic of your mobile carrier contract.
However be offline maps that you have stored on the Samsung Galaxy S7 are automatically deleted after 30 days if they are not updated.
So if you want to keep the maps up to date and if you want to avoid to manually update your offline maps, then there is an automatically update function.
We show you where this function can be found in Google Maps.
1. Open the app "google maps" on your Samsung Galaxy S7
2. In the top left tap at the menu icon and then select in the side menu "Settings"
3. Navigate then to „Offline Maps"
4. Tap in the upper right at the gear icon to open the Settings
5. You must now enable the following two options:
- Update offline maps automatically
- Download offline maps automatically
We recommend you here to change the download settings to "only via Wi-Fi". You know now how to automatically update offline maps in Google Maps on the Samsung Galaxy S7.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: