If you are among the users who are updating the operating system to the new Windows 10, then it can happen that the installation of the new software has failed. The message on your screen may be while upgrading to Windows 10:
- Installation status: Failed
- Error Details: Error Code 80240020
Now, if you get this error when you can´t update to Windows 10 because the installing of the new Windows 10 will be automatically canceled. This is of course annoying, but we now show you a trick on how to work around this bug. If so, please proceed on your computer that will be updated, as follows:
- Open the lower left corner from the Start menu and click there to Control Panel --> System and Security --> Automatic Updates
- Select here at important updates: "Automatic updating"
- Now open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the following path: "C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ Download"
- Deletes all files in this folder
- Now open the bottom left again the Start menu and then the command prompt as an administrator: All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt (Run as administrator)
- Type now in the console the command “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”
- Subsequently, the update from Windows 10 via the Update Center will restart after a while.
Should these instructions on your computer does not work, then we recommend you the way of the Media Creation Center. Thus you can create a bootable flash drive or DVD. How to do this, we tell you in this guide.
The Windows 10 update should now be downloaded without any problems on your computer. The error 80240020 should no longer appear and the update should be carried out subsequently. Have fun with Windows 10.
This tip helped?
Nothing found? Try our: ... Or leave us a comment:
... Or leave us a comment: