If you are in the Pokémon Go app, it may be that you can see only a white background in front of the Pokémon despite the Augmented Reality function. The reason is usually that at the beginning of the game the app permissions have not been accepted.
Above all, the authorization for the "access to the camera" is absolutely necessary, if one wants to use in Pokémon Go the Augmented Reality over the camera. Our guide has been created for all Android smartphones running Android Marshmallow but may also works with Android Nougat. To change the permissions of an app in Android 6.0.1, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, open the menu and then tap Settings
- Scroll down to Applications and tap the entry. Then go to "Application Manager".
- In the application manager, please look for "Pokémon Go" and tap the entry if you have found it.
- The application info is opened. Here, please type "App Permissions".
- Now make sure that the controller is set to active in "Camera".
The other permissions should also be active if you want to take full advantage of Pokémon Go. If you then start Pokémon Go on your smartphone and discover a Pokémon, you will be able to use Augmented Reality with the camera.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: