If you do not see any notifications like text messages, WhatsApp or Facebook messages on the Samsung Galaxy S7 on the Always On Display, then this is very likely because you have not enabled notifications for the Always On display.
Therefore you should check whether these are disabled and activate them if necessary. On the Samsung Galaxy S7, do the following:
Enable Notifications for the Always On Display in Android Nougat:
- From your home screen, navigate to the following submenu:
- App Menu --> Settings --> Display --> Always On Display
- You will see the "Layouts" option - tap this to navigate to the next submenu
- Now you have to check whether "Show notifications" is set to "active". If this is not the case, please activate the notifications for the Always On Display.
If the option is active, please check if a new update is available for the Always On Display. This works in Android Nougat on the Samsung Galaxy S7 as follows:
- Navigate again: App Menu --> Settings --> Display --> Always On Display
- Now select "About Always On display"
- If a new update is available, this is now downloaded to your Samsung Galaxy S7 and then installed. Finished!
We hope that you will now receive notifications from third party apps on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Always On Display.