Google has implemented the location release in its latest version of Google Maps. You can easily tell your friends or acquaintances about your current location. So it is sometimes easier to meet spontaneously, because you are around the same place.
How to activate the location sharing in Google Maps, we would like to explain to you here for Android smartphones and iPhone's:
Google Maps Enable location approval - Step by Step
- To do this, first open your app "Google Maps" on your device
- In the upper left corner, click on the icon with the three dashes to show the menu - here you can see "Share location (New)". If this is not the case, please update your Google Maps.
- Tap the entry and then select "Start Now" - you can now share your real-time location.
For this, there are the following options: Set period (minimum 15 minutes) Infinity or to deactivate the location release
- Once you have made your selection, you can now select people who are allowed to see your location. Select a person and then tap the "Unlock" button at the bottom.
- Your contact will now receive a message saying that you have shared your location - he can now click on the link and see where you are.
This is the location sharing in Google Maps.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: