If you bought the new Samsung Galaxy S8, you surely want to transfer the data from your old smartphone to the new device. It does not matter if your existing smartphone is an iPhone or an Android device.
The data transfer between your current device and the Samsung Galaxy S8 is easily. The only prerequisite is that the device is supported by the software Smart Switch. This is the case with many models.
Transfer data from a smartphone with Android to the Samsung Galaxy S8:
- First download the "Smart Switch" transfer app from the App Store to your smartphones (The Samsung Galaxy S8 has Smart Switch already on board)
- Smart Switch for Android Devices
- After you have installed the app, open the app on your "old" Android device
- Select either "USB cable" or "Wireless", depending on how you want to transfer the data
- Now you must select the "Send" entry on your "old" smartphone - On the Samsung Galaxy S8, select "Receive".
- Tap "Connect" - The two devices establish a wireless connection (or a cable connection via USB is detected)
- You can now select which data are will be sent from your old Android smartphone to the Samsung Galaxy S8. Once you have made the selection, tap Transfer. All data is now transferred from your old device to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Transferring data from an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S8
Here is the easiest way to create a Google account first. This can then be linked to your iPhone and synchronized the data like contacts and calendar data. Here's how:
First you need to create a Google Account if you have not already done so. This can be easily done via www.google.com.
Transfer iPhone contacts, e-mail and calendar data to the Samsung Galaxy S8
- Take your iPhone to hand and navigate to "Settings" --> "Mail, Contacts, Calendar".
- Tap "Add Account" and select "Microsoft Exchange" in the next step.
- In the corresponding field, enter the Google Account email address. The same E-mail address must also be entered with "Username". The password for Google Account is entered.
- Tap the Next button, and then, in the next step, enter "m.google.com" as the server.
- In the next step, you can select which data to synchronize with the Google Account. Select everything from what is possible by pressing the knob.
- Your iPhone's data is now synchronized to the Google Account. Now open up the Samsung Galaxy S8 and open:
- Menu --> Settings --> Accounts --> Add Account
Tap "Google" and enter the Google email address and password of the account on which the iPhone stores data. The synchronization of the data can then start. You have now successfully moved the contacts, mails and calendar entries from your iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Transferring pictures and videos from an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S8
To transfer pictures and videos from your iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S8, use your PC or MAC and the data cable of the iPhone. Copy all the pictures and videos you have stored on the iPhone to a folder on the desktop of your PC or Mac.
Step 1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 via data cable to the PC or MAC.
Step 2. Move the images and videos copied from your iPhone to the desktop and from there to your new Samsung Galaxy S8.
Finish. You now know how to transfer the data from your old device to the new Samsung Galaxy S8.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: