The iPhone X has made the beginning of the AR Emojis, now Samsung is following suit with its Samsung Galaxy S9. AR stands for Augmented Reality and means that the Emojis resemble your face and imitate your movements and facial expressions.
This is quite funny, because you can breathe life into an emoji and surprise a friend or acquaintance.
In order to use AR Emojis on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, you have to create it first. We would like to give you the following step-by-step instructions:
Create AR Emojis on Samsung Galaxy S9
- Open the camera app on Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Switch to the front camera (selfie camera)
- Change the camera mode at the top - set it to "AR Emoji"
- You will see a circle on the display where you have to place your face. The following must be taken into account:
- You can now take a picture of yourself
- You must now indicate your gender - male or female
- Now your emoji can be further adjusted.
Besides hair, skin color, glasses, clothes etc. you can make various adjustments. Mostly anything to do with the face. Afterwards you can start and use the created Animoji. If you have recorded an AR Emoji with the Samsung Galaxy S9, it can be saved, sent with WhatsApp or posted to Facebook.
A very nice feature, we think. Whether this function will be used regularly remains questionable.....