The Samsung Galaxy S9 can open certain file types with different apps and display the content. This starts with photo apps and ends with PDF readers. If you have now defined an app with which a certain file type is to be called by default, you may want to redefine this.
Here we show you how to reassign the opening of file types with a certain app:
Samsung Galaxy S9 Set new app as default
- Opens the app menu on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and then the settings
- From here, select "Apps". Tap on the three-point symbol in the upper right corner and select "Standard Apps".
- Go to "Set as default" - this will list all apps that are set as default for a file type or action
- Search here for the app that is currently addressed for the file type that is to be opened with another app
- Tap on the respective app and then on "Delete defaults" in the next submenu
- Then open the file type and you will now be offered a query with which app it should now be opened.
Select the new app of your choice here. Ready! You now know how to set a new app as default on the Samsung Galaxy S9.