The Huawei P20 has an extremely useful function integrated. The recycle bin for photo and video files. If you delete a photo or video, it is not permanently deleted, but first moved to the recycle bin.
Only after 30 days the file will be removed automatically. This makes it almost impossible to accidentally delete a photo or video. However, the recycle bin also requires storage space. If you have deleted a large video file, you probably want to remove it directly from the recycle bin in order to gain storage space.
But where can you empty the wastebasket? That's exactly what you can find out here: Empty the recycle bin of the Huawei P20 manually and free up space.
- Open the gallery app of your smartphone
- Change here to the "Albums" tab
- Now tap the "Recently deleted" folder on
- Here you will see all photos and videos contained in the recycle bin
- Touch the "Delete" button at the bottom of the display to permanently remove all elements of the recycle bin
So you have emptied the recycle bin on the Huawei P20 manually and have immediately freed up the used space, which was previously used.