The Samsung Galaxy S9 offers you a very cool feature: Smart Lock. This will automatically unlock your phone when it is paired with a Bluetooth device from you. For example, the hands-free car kit can be coupled with Smart Lock.
This means that you no longer have to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 in the car. That's great, but it needs to be set up first. That's exactly what we want to help you with. And this is how it works: Set up the Smart Lock function on the Samsung Galaxy S9:
- Start screen --> Settings --> Device Security --> Smart Lock
- Enter the pin to access the options.
- You will now see four different Smart Lock methods:
- Wear Recognition
- Trusted Places
- Trusted devices ( Bluetooth )
- Voice Recognition
- Tap Trusted devices ( Bluetooth )on
- Add a new device by selecting "Add Trusted Device"
- Your Samsung Galaxy S9 will now search for connected paired Bluetooth devices - select one - done!
If you are now connected to the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Bluetooth device, the lock screen will automatically unlock or unlock. You should only enable this feature in a trusted environment.
You now know the function of Smart Lock on the Samsung Galaxy S9.