If you have a Garmin Smartwatch or Fitness Tracker, such as the Forerunner or Fenix series, you want to connect the device securely to the Huawei P20 Pro via Bluetooth. Here, however, it is possible that the smartphone no longer connects to the Garmin watch despite a unique pairing.
Neither resetting the Bluetooth settings nor recoupling the devices brings lasting success. We had the same problem with our Garmin Forerunner 235, but fortunately we were able to fix it very easily by changing the following settings on our Huawei P20 Pro:
1. Open Settings
2. On the Huawei P20 Pro, navigate to "Apps & Privileges"
3. Select Apps and then select them at the bottom of the dialog box: Settings
4. Search for Garmin Connect App
5. Allow the app to ignore battery optimizations
6. Restart the Huawei P20 Pro.
Then connect the Garmin watch to your Huawei P20 Pro via Bluetooth. This should now work without problems.
We hope this tip has also helped you with your Garmin Smartwatch or fitness tracker in conjunction with the Huawei P20 Pro.