The developer options are hidden within the Android settings of OnePlus 6 and therefore not visible from the beginning. This means that they have to be activated first to make them visible.
These options provide you with settings such as "USB Debugging". How this works is explained in more detail in the following short manual:
Make developer mode visible for OnePlus 6
- Open the App menu and there the system settings of OnePlus 6
- Scroll down to "Phone info" (Device information)
- Now select "Software" or "Software information"
- Here you will see the entry "Build number" - tap it several times in quick succession to unlock the developer options on OnePlus 6. An info message will then appear at the bottom of the display indicating that the developer mode is now displayed in Android.
- Return to the settings menu now. You will now see a new menu item at the end of the list.
You now know how to unlock and activate the "Developer options" on OnePlus 6.