To delete all data on the OnePlus 6 and restore the factory settings, the smartphone must be reset to factory settings. There are two ways to do this:
Via Android or via the Recovery menu.
The Recovery menu is used whenever Android is no longer booted. Below are the instructions for the two different variants:
Resetting OnePlus 6 via Android settings
- To do this, open the settings from the start screen and select "Save and reset".
- Then select the option "Return to factory settings".
- Finally select "Reset phone" and confirm the security prompt.
- As soon as the factory reset has been completed, the OnePlus 6 restarts.
OnePlus 6 Reset to factory settings via the Recovery menu
- Switch the OnePlus 6 off completely
- Wait until the device is completely switched off.
- Then press and hold the Power and Volume Quieter buttons simultaneously to turn on the unit.
- Continue to press and hold these two buttons during the OnePlus startup screen. Only when the OnePlus logo disappears can you release these two buttons.
- Wait until the One Plus 6 starts in the recovery mode.
- Select the One Plus 6 buttons. Select the language of your choice (the navigation in the recovery menu is done via the volume buttons and the power button).
- Now select "Wipe data and cache".
The factory reset will now be performed on the OnePlus 6. Then the device is restarted and the Android setup wizard is booted, in which the smartphone can be set up again.
This tip helped?
Nothing found? Try our: ... Or leave us a comment:
... Or leave us a comment: