USB debugging can be used to optimize a connection between the Huawei P20 Lite and a PC. This option is always useful if you have difficulties establishing a functioning data connection between PC and smartphone.
However, the "USB Debugging" function is somewhat hidden on the Huawei P20 Lite. No problem, because our instructions describe step by step how to activate and use it:
Enable USB debugging in the developer options
If you have not already done so, you must first unlock the developer options on the Huawei P20 Lite.
- From the home screen of your Huawei P20 Lite, open the Android settings.
- Scroll down to "System" and tap the entry
- You will now see various information, including "About the phone". Select the entry and you will see "Build Number"
- To activate the developer options on the Huawei P20 Lite now, you must quickly tap on this entry "Build Number" several times.
After tapping the button about 7 times, developer options will appear on your Huawei P20 Lite. An info will be shown on the display.
The developer options can now be found under:
- Settings --> System --> Developer Options
Activate the Master control first and then scroll down until you see "USB Debugging". Switch it to "active" using the control. You should then restart the Huawei P20 Lite.
Then you should be able to establish a stable USB connection between the Huawei P20 Lite and a PC via USB cable.