If you have a Garmin Fitness Clock, such as the Garmin Forerunner or Fenix series, you will receive firmware updates from time to time, which are installed via the Garmin Connect App on your clock.
If a new update has now been installed, this may cause problems, such as increased battery consumption.
If you notice that your Garmin Fitness watch has a significantly higher battery consumption than it did before the update, please proceed as follows:
Attention! All saved data and settings will be deleted! Reset Garmin Forerunner Series to factory settings:
In our manual we will show you:
How to reset all data on the Garmin Forerunner 235 to default settings:
1. Open the menu on the Garmin Forerunner 235 and then the settings.
2. Navigate here to "System" and continue to "Restore factory settings".
3. Confirm the prompt with "Yes".
How to Reset Garmin Fenix Series to factory settings
For the Garmin Fenix 3, the clock can be reset to factory settings as follows:
1. Press and hold the "Up" key or the "Menu" key.
2. Then select "System" and continue to navigate here. Then select Settings --> System.
3. Open "Factory settings" and confirm the reset with "Yes".
This should resolve the problem with a rapidly depleting battery on your Garmin Fitness watch.
The factory reset deletes old system files that are still in the cache of the watch. These old files often cause problems with the newer Android firmware.
We hope that the battery of your Garmin watch will last longer and that you will continue to enjoy it.