Using a widget on the Huawei P20 Pro you can easily display information and special functions from an app directly on the homescreen.
But of course you first have to place such a widget on the Home screen.
How this works in detail on the new Huawei P20 Pro is explained step by step in the following instructions. In addition, we also want to explain how to remove such a widget if it is no longer needed.
Add widget - Homescreen Huawei P20 Pro
1. Press with your finger long on a free area of the homescreen - It will now shrink and show a small menu at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the "Widgets" button in the menu to display a list of all available widgets on the Huawei P20 Pro.
3. Search the list, which is sorted alphabetically, for the widget you want to place. Take a weather widget as a test.
4. Press and hold the widget with your finger until it lifts off and can be placed on the home screen.
5. Release the widget when it is in the correct position.
You have now successfully added a widget to the homescreen of your Huawei P20 Pro. Follow this procedure for each additional widget you want to place on the Home screen.
Remove Widget - Homescreen Huawei P20 Pro
To delete a widget again, press and hold the widget until a Remove icon appears at the top of the screen.
Drag the widget onto the icon to remove it. You now know how to add or remove a widget to the Home screen on the Android Smartphone Huawei P20 Pro.