The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 offers several menus that can only be opened with a special key combination or code.
Besides the secret service menu, which can be opened via Android, there is also a so called recovery menu.
With this menu you can perform functions like the Wipe Cache partition, but also the factory reset. And so you can open the recovery menu on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 completely
2. Start the Note 9 with the following key combination (press and hold simultaneously): Power On/ OFF Volume louder Bixby button
3. When the Note 9 is started and an Android male is shown on the display, then release the Power On/ Off key, but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed.
After about 15 seconds the Recovery menu of your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will appear. Within the Recovery menu you can navigate as follows:
1. Using the Volume buttons you can scroll up and down.
2. Using the Power On/ Off button you can perform actions.
You now know how to open the Recovery menu on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and navigate or perform actions there.