Sometimes it is necessary to reset the OnePlus 5 to factory settings. All data will be deleted and the Android system will be reloaded. This is necessary if the smartphone has serious software problems or is to be sold.
The following instructions explain how to reset the smartphone to factory settings:
There is the possibility to reset the device via the Android system, but we want to go straight to the alternative method, which works even if you do not can access more on the Android system.
Perform factory reset on the OnePlus 5
ATTENTION: All data will be deleted!
1. Turn off your OnePlus 5 completely
2. Turn it back on, keeping the following buttons pressed:
- Volume Down
- Power Button
This will now boot the OnePlus 5 into recovery mode.
3. First select the language and then select "Wipe data and cache". Navigation by using the volume keys (up or down) and power button (confirm)
4. The factory reset is now performed on the OnePlus 5
5. The recovery menu reappears - select "Reboot system now" this time.
Your OnePlus 5 will now reboot and then the setup wizard of the Android system will appear. Thus, the factory reset or factory reset was successfully performed on your OnePlus 5.
This tip helped? Stay up-to-date and follow us on:
... Or leave us a comment: