If you take a look at the Task Manager of your Windows system, you might see a process called "wsappx".
This process requires a lot of CPU resources and the processor is therefore working at full capacity. The process wsappx may consume up to 40% of the CPU resources. What is the wsappx process and why does it use most of the CPU resources?
The wsappx process is connected to the Windows Store.
When Windows apps are updated in the Windows Store, the necessary installation data is downloaded. So the wsappx process can also cause a lot of data traffic.
How can I fix the load of the CPU by the process wsappx?
There is no permanent solution to solve the problem of high CPU usage of wsappx under Windows. Under Windows 10, the store is an important application that cannot be deactivated via the Windows services or the control panel.
However, there is a temporary solution that we will explain below.
The only way to disable the process is to use the Local Group Policy Editor and turn off the Windows Store.
To disable the Windows Store on Windows 10, do the following:
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type the following command without the quotation marks, and then press Enter.
3. In the newly opened Local Group Policy Editor window, go to:
- Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Store
4. Locate the "Turn off Store application" option, double-click it, and select "Enabled". Click the Apply button, and then click OK. Restart your Windows PC.
Then the wsappx process should no longer appear and the problem with the high CPU load or the high data transfer should be solved by updating the apps.