Nokia 7.1 runs the Android One operating system, which means that you will receive new firmware updates promptly and directly from Google. So it is possible that new Android versions land faster on the Nokia 7.1, because a complex adjustment of the firmware by the manufacturer, in the case Nokia, is missing.
Usually you will receive new Android firmware updates automatically. However, from time to time it may be necessary to take a look at the software update yourself in order to initiate an update manually.
If you want to manually search for a new Android firmware on Nokia 7.1, you can do this as follows:
Nokia 7.1 Manual Firmware Update - Search and Installation
1. Start from the Nokia 7.1 home screen and navigate to the settings
2. Go to the menu item "About the phone".
3. Then go to "System updates" and continue to "Check for updates
4. Your Nokia 7.1 will now check the servers for an Android firmware update. Therefore we recommend you to use a W-Lan connection.
5. If an update is available, you will be offered this for installation. Follow the steps of the Update Wizard
You now know how to manually search for a firmware update on Nokia 7.1 and install it afterwards. Firmware updates should be carried out from time to time to ensure the security of the Android system.
If you have never used the above method before, we recommend that you check your Nokia 7.1 once to make sure it is up-to-date.