Those who unpack their GoPro Hero 7 Black for the first time will want to update the firmware relatively quickly. With our test device it was not possible to establish a stable connection between GoPro App and Gopro Hero 7 Black.
However, version 1.00 was also installed and a newer version was already available.
So how can you update the GoPro Hero 7 Black firmware if you can't get a connection with the GoPro app? This is what we would like to tell you here in this article. Proceed as follows:
Gopro Hero 7 Black Firmware Update - Instructions
1. Download the software "Quik" from the GoPro homepage to your PC
2. After you have downloaded and installed the software, please open it.
3. Now connect the GoPro Hero 7 Black to the computer via the USB Type C cable.
4. After the camera is set up, this should happen automatically, Quik checks the firmware that is installed on the GoPro Hero 7 Black.
5. If a newer version is available, it will be automatically offered for download. Select this to see the download status.
Alternatively, you can go to the gear icon and tap on "Update available". Ready!
Note: Downloading the GoPro Hero 7 Black firmware may take a very long time. At least 15 minutes
The firmware will then be installed on the GoPro Hero 7 Black.
You now know how to update the GoPro Hero 7 Black firmware even if you can't connect to the GoPro App.