The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has the distinguishing feature curved display. On the right side of this Edge information and content can be displayed. At the market start you could only use a few functions here, but it looks like Samsung is currently improving the possibilities of this Edge display.
Because you can update the software for the side screen of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. This works similar to a firmware update. Usually one is offered the update automatically, but should at your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge this not be the case, then this can be done manually as follows:
1. Open from the home screen the menu and then the Settings.
2. Now tap on "Edge Screen" and scroll in the next sub-menu all the way down
3. Select "About Edge Screen"
4. You now see a button with "Check for Updates". Tap on the button.
5. It opens now the Galaxy App Store, where the button "Update" is visible.
The software of the Edge Screen of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge can be updated via the button if not already done.
You know now how to manually update the software of the edge screen of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and thus can take advantage of new features.