It is not always necessary to reset the HTC U11 to factory settings, but at the latest when you sell the device. However, the factory reset is also executed if there are serious problems with the Android operating system. The Hard Reset, deletes all files on the smartphone and restarts the Android system.
# Reset HTC U11 via the Android operating system
We explain here how to reset the HTC U11 to factory settings. Please follow this step by step:
- Make sure that you have backed up all the data you need in a backup (everything will be deleted!)
- Open the settings of the Android operating system and scrolls there down until your "Save and Reset" can be seen - Select the entry
- In the sub-menu that opens, tap "Reset Factory Settings"
- Confirm the process by tapping the "Reset" button again and then to "Ok"
# Reset HTC U11 via the boot menu
If Android does not boot anymore #Instruction 1 does not work anymore. Please proceed as follows:
- Switch off the HTC U11 completely
- Switch the device back on, but press the following buttons simultaneously from the beginning.
- Power Button
- Volume Down Button
Hold down until the download mode appears on the display.
- Use the volume button to select "Reboot to Bootloader" and confirm by pressing the Power button. Then go to "Reboot to Recovery Mode".
- A menu will appear again. Please select "Reboot to Recovery Menu". A smartphone and a red icon are displayed on the screen.
- Press and hold the Power button, and then press the Volume Up button once.
- Now use the volume buttons "Wipe Data / Factory Reset". Confirm the operation by means of the power button.
The hard reset may take several minutes. Then the HTC U11 starts with the device wizard. Finished! You now know how to delete all data on the HTC U11 by resetting it to factory defaults.