If the battery of the Huawei P10 becomes hot and the unit has a poor performance, then this may be due to old faulty system files. These are in the cache of the smartphone and cause the problems that lead to the above mentioned symptoms.
Just after a new firmware update this can be very well the case. The following procedure is always helpful:
Wipe Cache Partition on the Huawei P10 to improve the performance of the smartphone
- Switch off the Smartphone completely
- Now switch the Huawei P10 back on and hold the following keys :
- Power Button
- Volume Up Button
- Hold down the buttons until the Huawei logo disappears and the screen is black.
- After releasing the buttons, the boot menu will now be displayed. Now select "Wipe Cache Partition" with the volume buttons.
Please do not accidentally click on "Wipe Cache Factory Reset" <- This will delete all data.
The Wipe Cache Partition will not delete any private data from you.
- If you have marked the correct entry, confirm it with the Power button. The operation lasts approx. 2 seconds. Then you land again in the boot menu shown above.
Confirm "Reboot System Now". Your Huawei P10 will now restart. The battery should not be hot anymore and the performance should be much better than before.