New firmware updates are regularly released for your Huawei P10, which on the one hand bring new functions or stuffs safety gaps. If a larger firmware update such as from Android Nougat to Oreo then it can be that problems occur afterwards.
Especially if the Huawei P10 is slow after the update, gets hot or you only see a black screen, then use the following tip:
After every major firmware update with version jump, a factory reset is often recommended to avoid errors and problems from the start. But this is often not necessary!
Because there is the so-called Wipe Cache Partition. This function of your Huawei P10 deletes old temporary system files from your internal memory. These files often conflict with the new Android operating system, causing errors and problems as described above.
Therefore, you should now make a Wipe Cache partition on your Huawei P10. This does not delete any private files like photos or videos as well as contacts, etc. The Wipe Cache partition can be run without any problems and without loss of data.
Please proceed as follows on the Huawei P10:
- Switch off the P10 completely
- Press and hold the following keys:
- Power button
- Volume up button
- Hold down the buttons until the Huawei logo disappears and the screen only shows black.
- After releasing the buttons, the boot menu is displayed.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight the "Wipe Cache Partition"
- If you have selected the correct entry, confirm it by pressing the Power button
After that, there should be no problem with the new Android on the Huawei P10. The performance should now be significantly faster and heat problems no longer occur.