If you own a smartphone from Samsung, which comes for example from the Galaxy series, then you will receive firmware updates usually via OTA. OTA means "over the air" and corresponds to a download via the mobile data connection (mobile network or W-Lan).
Now it may be the case with your Samsung Galaxy model that a firmware update over OTA for various reasons is not possible, although a newer version is available.
If this is the case, then you have the following option to carry out a firmware update anyway:
What you need:
- Computer or MAC (Must be connected to the Internet)
- USB data cable
- The software Smart Switch
Instructions to update the smartphone:
- Install Samsung Smart Switch on the PC or MAC
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy to the computer via the USB cable
- Start the Samsung Smart Switch. A connection should now be established.
- Wait a moment, the firmware update should automatically be downloaded after a short while
- Now start the firmware update on Samsung Smart Switch by tapping "Install Now"
We hope that you can now perform the firmware update without OTA on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.