If you own the Samsung Galaxy A5 in model year 2017, then you might want to connect this to the PC to copy files like photos or videos to the PC or vice versa. If you cannot make a connection between the computer and the smartphone, you may want to use the following tip:
Activate USB Debugging on the Samsung Galaxy A5 - Instructions
- Navigate to: Home screen --> App Menu --> Settings --> Phone Info --> Software Information
- You will find the entry "Build number" here. Now, tap this entry several times to enable the developer mode.
- The developer options will now appear in the settings - Open this
- Scroll down until you see the USB debugging
- If you have not already done, disconnect the Samsung Galaxy A5 from your PC or USB cable
- Activate now the USB debugging
- Reconnect the device to the PC
Your computer should now recognize the Samsung Galaxy A5 and install the necessary drivers. Then you have access to the smartphone's memory. You now know what to do if the Samsung Galaxy A5 is not recognized by your PC.