If you have downloaded applications and apps from the Google Play Store to your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, they will be automatically updated, if a newer version is available.
There is the function for this: Automatic App Updates. If you do not want to do this, but decide when to update an app, you can turn off the automatic app updates on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as follows:
Turn off the automatic app Updates on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Open from the Home screen the Google Play Store
- At the top left, tap the icon with the three lines, also called Hamburger Menu
- In the sidebar that opens, select "Settings".
- In the "General" section, select "Automatic app - Updates "
- In the drop-down menu you now activate the option
- "Do not allow automatic app updates "(Scroll up in the menu”)
Now apps that you have installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 via the Google Play Store will not be automatically updated if a newer version is available.
From now on, you'll need to open the Google Play Store yourself to see if an update is available. You now know how to completely switch off the auto-update of apps and applications via the play store on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.