With the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 you can equip the home screen with so-called widgets. These are small areas that display specific information from apps. For example, you can have a widget displayed with the weather at your home.
The following article explains exactly how this works on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
In order to place a widget on the start screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, you must first return to it.
- Now press with your finger for a long time on an empty area of the home screen - this will now contract and display a menu at the bottom of the screen
- Select the "Widgets" button to see a list of all available widgets on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- In the list, search alphabetically for the widget you want to add. For the weather widget, look at "W"
- Now, long press your finger on the widget until it picks up and places it on the home screen
- Release the widget when it's in the right position
Now you have learned the procedure to place a widget on the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. This is the way for all widgets that you would like to use additionally on the home screen of the smartphone.