After you have downloaded the new firmware and installed it to the Samsung Galaxy S6, it may happen that the following errorappears in the app menu or while opening applications:
"System UI stopped“
This is a system process of the Android operating system. With a very high probability an old system file was not completely removed during the conducted firmware update, which now results in the error above.
That's why you must nowperform a so-called Wipe cache partition on the smartphone in order to fix the error„System UI stopped". This works as follows on the Samsung Galaxy S6:
1. Turn your Samsung Galaxy S6 completely off.
2. Then the following keys have to be pressed and hold at the same time:
- Power On / Off
- Volume +
- home button
3. When the Samsung Galaxy S6 vibrates once, the power let the on/ off button go, but keep the other two buttonsof the key combination pushed until a small menu appears on the display.
4. Now select "Wipe cache partition" by using the volume down key.
5. With the Power On/ off button, the entry is selected and the process is started.
6. This usually takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menureappears. Now choose the first entry with "Reboot system now" and executes the command again by pressing the Power button.
You have now performed a Wipe cache partition on the Samsung Galaxy S6. Thus, the problem „System UIstopped„should no longer occur.