The Samsung Galaxy S8 locks the smartphone automatically after a certain time. This is to prevent after a certain period of non-use someone unauthorized to open the smartphone and see content in it.
The time after which the screen is locked is synchronized with the Timeout screen at the factory.
However, you can extend the time to the automatic lock. We explain how this works:
Extend the Automatic Lock on the Samsung Galaxy S8 as follows:
1. From the Home screen, open the app menu and then the settings
2. Scroll down to "Device Security" and from there to "Safe Lock Settings"
3. In the following sub-menu you can now select the option "Auto-lock". You can now select from the following times, according to which the Samsung Galaxy S8 is to be automatically blocked:
- From instant to 30 minutes
4. Select the appropriate setting. This will immediately become active.
You have just successfully extended the time to the automatic lock of the smartphone.