The Samsung Galaxy S8 has additional USB settings that you can call if a USB connection between your smartphone and a PC or MAC cannot be established. How exactly works on the Samsung Galaxy S8, which is explained in more detail in the following article.
In order to open the MTP + ADB settings on the Samsung Galaxy S8, you need a code, which is entered via the phone app of the Android software.
1. Open the phone app of the Samsung Galaxy S8
2. Now enter the following code via the keyboard: * # 0808 #
3. After you have entered the code, the following screen will appear:
4. Under "USB Settings" set the marking on "MTP + ADB". Finished!
5. Then reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8
A connection to your PC via USB cable should now be possible and no longer cause any problems.