When you hold your new Samsung Galaxy S20 in your hands, it makes sense to take a closer look at the display first. Especially with regard to defective or dead pixels.
Because despite an almost perfect manufacturing process of the smartphone, it can happen that the display has a defect in the form of a dead pixel. But how can you find such a defective pixel?
For this purpose, Samsung has provided three special tests in its integrated service menu, each of which displays the colors red, green and blue.
Check the display of the Samsung Galaxy S20 - How to do it
1. Open the phone app on the Samsung Galaxy S20.
2. Switch to the numeric keypad.
3. Enter the following code: *#0*#
4. The service menu is now displayed
5. Now select the following tiles one after the other in the row at the top: Red, Green, Blue
6. For each color, check if you can recognize a black pixel.
If you notice a black spot on one of the pixels, it is defective. This is definitely a reason to return the Samsung Galaxy S20 directly and ask for a new one as a replacement.
The test is very easy to perform and defective pixels are usually also very easy to detect. A magnifying glass may help you to detect such a pixel.
How to tell if the Samsung Galaxy S20 display has a defective pixel.