If you have an Android smartphone and use an app that accesses the integrated GPS module of your device, it can happen that it shows you a wrong position.
So it can happen that Google Maps shows that you are on another continent, which is absurd. The error of your GPS system and the missing GPS fix can usually be fixed very fast and with an app.
You can find out exactly how this works in the following article:
Updating AGPS data manually on an Android smartphone
1. Download the free app "GPS-Test" from the Google Play Store.
2. If you have installed GPS Test, please open it and switch on the GPS of your Android smartphone if you have not already done so.
4. Now open the menu in the GPS Test app by tapping on the three dots in the upper right corner. Select "AGPS". You will now see the menu for the App settings.
There you will find three buttons:
- Clear and Update AGPS
- Clear only Update only
- We recommend that you now select "Clear and Update" and then restart your Android smartphone and go outdoors.
5. The first GPS fix can take up to 2 minutes.
Afterwards your position will be displayed as usual fast and correct.