If you have a Smartwatch with Android Wear 2.0, you probably want to connect the device to your PC or smartphone in order to backup the data or install apps etc. If this does not work correctly for you and you cannot connect to a computer, debugging will help you.
How to activate this on your Android Smartwatch is explained in the following step-by-step instructions:
- Activating Wi-Fi debugging under Android Wear 2.0
To do this, you must first activate the developer options on your Smartwatch, if this has not already been done. Activate developer mode
- Change to the settings on your Smartwatch by wiping from top to bottom and then selecting the gear symbol
- Scroll down in the menu until you see the entry "System" - Select the menu item from
- Tap the entry "Build number" at least seven times. As a result, the developer options are unlocked on the smartphone. You see an insertion with "You are now a developer".
- Wipe twice to the right to switch to the developer options menu Enable Wi-Fi debugging Open the clock settings and then go to developer options --> Debug via Wi-Fi
After a moment the IP address of the clock is displayed (e.g. 192.168.1.100). This enables Wi-Fi debugging and allows you to connect to the clock over the wireless network. We hope this guide has helped you to connect your phone or PC