Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S8 got an update today, where the possibility to disable the Bixby button on the left side of the device has been integrated. If the Bixby key has disturbed you in the past, you can't reassign it yet, but at least deactivate it. This article explains in detail how this works:
To do this, make sure Bixby is up to date.
1. To do this, open Bixby via the "Bixby Button".
2. Now select the three-point button in the upper right corner and select "Settings".
3. Scrolls to "Info about Bixby" in the next submenu and taps the entry.
4. If the version is up to date, you can see "Version 2.0.03.3" or higher here.
5. Otherwise you will see an "Update button".
6. Select it and you will get the latest update to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Now you can turn off the Bixby button as follows:
- Open the Bixby settings again
- Scrolls down to "Bixby button" and selects the entry
The following options will appear:
- Press to open Bixby Home.
- To open Bixby Voice, press and hold
- Do not open anything
Check "Don't open anything" to turn off the Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S8. Ready!
You have just successfully deactivated the Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S8.