If you want to send a new e-mail with the e-mail app on the Huawei P20 Pro, you may receive the following message in the status bar after sending:
Email Send Failed - Authentication methods are not supported by the server.
As a result, you will no longer be able to send emails. Often the background for this is as follows: Your email provider has changed a setting that allows the email app to authenticate with the outgoing email server.
So how can you solve the problem?
To do this, you first have to go to the e-mail provider's website. The provider usually specifies the settings that are required to communicate with the e-mail server.
Search there for the options for the outgoing e-mail server. Especially the "port" for the outgoing server is an important key component in connection with the above mentioned error:
Once you have found the data, please check if it is exactly the same as in your account within the e-mail app.
On the Huawei P20 Pro, proceed as follows:
1. Open the email app
2. Tap on "More" in the menu box at the bottom, then tap on "Settings"
3. In the "Accounts" section, go to your email account
4. Scroll down to "Outgoing messages" and select the entry
5. Now check the following settings:
- SMTP Server
- Security type
- Login required
- User name
6. Once all data has been entered as required by the e-mail provider, press the "Done" button.
It should now be possible for your Huawei P20 Pro to send your e-mails as usual, without the message "Send e-mail failed" appearing on the screen or status bar.