Many users who own a Huawei P20 Pro also use the GMail App to send and receive e-mails. However, this is not set as the standard factory default, but the in-house Huawei E-Mail App.
For this reason, we would like to show you how to set the GMail app as the default email app on the Huawei P20 Pro:
1. Open the app menu from the home screen and then the settings
2. Navigate to "Apps & Notifications"
3. Now select "Standard Apps" from this submenu
4. Search for e-mail and tap the entry
5. You can now mark "GMail" This makes the GMail app your new standard app, and will be opened, for example, when a new e-mail is to be written, when you tap a link etc.
You now know how to set the GMail app on the Huawei P20 Pro as the default email application.