Many errors with your One Plus 6 smartphone can be solved by starting a specific process called "Wipe Cache Partition". What exactly happens? This process deletes all old system files on your One Plus 6 that are still inside the cache.
This is sometimes urgently necessary. This is because the cache often contains files that are older than the firmware currently installed on the One Plus 6. These old files make the Android operating system sluggish overall and they are no longer needed. That's why you can safely delete them on the One Plus 6 smartphone using the Wipe Cache partition. And that works as follows:
- Switch the One Plus 6 off completely
- Wait until the device is completely switched off.
- Then press and hold the Power and Volume Quieter buttons at the same time to turn on the device.
- Continue to press and hold these two buttons while the OnePlus start screen is displayed.
Only when the OnePlus logo disappears can you release these two buttons.
- Wait until the One Plus 6 starts in the recovery mode.
- Tap the language of your choice
- Tap the Clear Data and Cache option.
- Tap the language of your choice. Tap on the "Wipe Cache" option.
- Tap the Yes option when prompted to confirm. 10.
- Wait until the One Plus 6 has cleared the cache partition. Then tap the Restart option to restart the One Plus 6.
You now know how to perform a wipe cache partition on the One Plus 6.