If you own an OnePlus smartphone, the performance of the device may not be as good as it was at the beginning. This is usually caused by an overfilled cache, which consists of old temporary system files, for example.
To clear this cache and make OnePlus faster again, it is advisable to perform a wipe cache partition from time to time. We would like to explain how this works in more detail here:
Wipe Cache on an OnePlus Smartphone
Note: It is always advisable to make a backup of the data in advance!
- First, turn off the OnePlus smartphone completely
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Quieter buttons at the same time to turn it on.
- Keep these two buttons pressed while the OnePlus start screen is displayed.
- You cannot release the two buttons until the OnePlus logo disappears.
- After a short while, the recovery mode should now start
- Select your language
- Navigate with the volume buttons to "Clear data and cache" and then to " Wipe Cache"
- Select the option by pressing the power button once Wait until the OnePlus smartphone has executed the wipe cache partition.
- Next, select Restart from the menu. Ready!
This should make your phone run faster, smoother and use less battery power.