The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has the option to expand the memory using MicroSD memory card. So you have more space for apps, photos and videos, as well as movies and other documents.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is expandable by microSD cards via the integrated dual SIM hybrid slot with memory sizes of up to 512 GB.
If you have now used such a microSD card, you can swap files from the internal memory to the memory card as follows. To do this, please proceed as follows:
1. From the start screen, open the App menu and then the app "My Documents". (This is located in the folder "Samsung")
2. Now open the directory which you want to swap out to the Micro SD Memory Card.
For example, here we take the camera image folder, which contains photos and videos. This usually makes up a large part of the occupied memory.
Your photos and videos are under:
- Device memory --> DCIM --> Camera
3. Hold your finger on the "Camera" folder until it is marked
4. Now tap on the symbol with the three dots in the upper right corner and then on "Move"
5. In the "Change to" window, tap on "SD card" as the storage location
6. You can now create a new folder or tap on "Done" in the upper right corner in order to move the complete directory into the root folder of the memory card.
7. Depending on how many photos and videos are contained in the internal memory in the "Camera" folder, the transfer will now take some time.
You now know how to easily move data from the internal memory of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to the inserted microSD memory card.