In the life cycle of a smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you will always stumble across the following terms: factory reset and reset to factory defaults.
This means that the smartphone is restored to the state in which it was purchased at the beginning.
In other words, it does not contain any private data and the settings of Android are reset to default. Such a factory reset is always used if you have serious problems with the smartphone and the operating system or if you want to sell the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Below we have described two methods that explain step by step how to reset the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to factory defaults:
Simple variant when accessing Android - Resetting the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to factory settings via Android
1. From the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 start screen, open the menu and then the Android system settings.
2. Navigate there to: "General Administration" and then to "Reset"
3. Then select "Reset to factory settings" from
4. Follow the Android wizard for resetting the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 This variant should be usable in most cases.
But what if you can't get into the Android operating system anymore?
For example, because you forgot your pin or password? Or because Android issues a serious error? Then the following variant via the Recovery menu will help you:
Complex variant: Reset the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 via Hard-Reset and the Recovery menu
1. For this purpose the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 must be switched off completely.
2. Starts the Phablet with the following key combination (press and hold simultaneously): Power On/ OFF Volume loud Bixby button
3. When the device is started and an Android male appears on the display which is being serviced, then release the Power On/ Off button, but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed.
4. After about 15 seconds the recovery menu of your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will appear. Use the Volume buttons to scroll down or up. With the Power On/ Off button you can perform actions.
5. Now mark the entry "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset".
6. This corresponds to resetting the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to factory defaults.
7. Confirm the operation by selecting the appropriate entry. You now know the factory reset and hard reset options for your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and how to reset it to factory settings.
If you have further questions about this procedure, simply write them to us in the comments below.