The Samsung Galaxy S9 has many features hidden in the Android settings that help you to personalize the device even more.
In the "Always On Display" area, this always includes the addition of GIF´s. GIF´s are small moving images that play a short sequence. These can be displayed on the Always On display of the Samsung Galaxy S9.
The following article will explain exactly how this works:
Add GIF animation to Always On Display of Samsung Galaxy S9
1. Opens the App menu on Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus and then the settings
2. Settings --> Device Security --> Clock and Face Widgets
3. Scroll right at "Type" until you can see the clock type with the photo
4. Select it and "Add GIF" will be shown at the bottom of the display.
5. You now get a selection of GIF´s, which you can add. Choose one of them - done!
You now know how to add and use a GIF to Always On Display on the Samsung Galaxy S9. At the moment it is not yet possible to use own GIF´s.
You can only choose from the GIF animations offered by Samsung. Maybe there's something for you.