The Samsung Galaxy S9 or the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has a high-quality camera that can take great photos and videos. However, recording videos and photos with higher resolutions and slow motion also requires larger memory specifications.
If you have the small version with 64 GB, it makes sense to write photos and videos directly on the memory card. If you want to save your files directly on your Micro SD card in the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, you can find simple instructions here to activate this setting in the camera app.
1. First, insert your Micro SD card into the slot.
2. Start your camera app.
3. Then tap the gear wheel icon in the top right corner of the Live Viewfinder to open the settings.
4. Now scroll down in the S9's settings until you see "Location".
5. Here you now have the following option:
- Internal storage
- memory card
6. Select "Memory card" as the active storage location for new photos. Ready!
If you now take a photo with your Samsung Galaxy S9, it will be stored directly on the memory card of your S9. The internal memory remains free.
Note that your serial shots taken with the shutter-release button held down are stored in the internal memory of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, as the memory cards currently available are too slow for the large amount of data.