Switch from a mobile phone or iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus and you may still have your contacts stored on the Sim card. If you want to transfer them from the Sim map to a cloud, such as Google Account, then this is fortunately possible.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 has an integrated wizard that performs exactly this transfer between Sim Card and Cloud. How to transfer contacts:
Transfer sim card contacts to the cloud with Samsung Galaxy S9 - Manual
1. Open the contacts app
2. From the start screen, then tap on the icon with the three dots in the top right corner and in the pop-up menu tap on "Manage contacts"
3. Continue to "Import/Export contacts"
4. Tap on "Import" in the next menu
5. Select "From Sim card" and then "All"
6. Then select the destination. There is a choice:
- Phone Google (Cloud)
- Samsung account (Cloud)
7. Select one of the two Cloud accounts to transfer the Sim card contacts directly to the Cloud.
You can then automatically back up new contacts to the cloud at any time. So they are always available, even next time you switch to another smartphone.