A new feature in Android 9.0 Pie is that if the battery level is lower than 15%, you will be informed acoustically and by notification that you should charge your smartphone.
Another new feature is that on a smartphone with Android 9.0 Pie this battery warning can be muted or completely deactivated.
For this reason, we will explain to you here how this works exactly.
Disable Battery Warning - Instructions
1. Open the settings of your Android Smartphone
2. Navigate from there to "Apps & Notifications".
3. Tap on the three-point symbol and select "All Apps".
4. You must also select "Show System Applications" from the three-point icon.
5. Scroll down until you see the entry "System UI". Select the entry so that the app info appears.
6. Go to "notifications" and then remove the check mark at "battery".
With Android 9.0 Pie, you should no longer receive any information if the battery level is lower than 15%.
Only mute battery warning
To do this, navigate to Android 9.0 Pie:
- Settings --> Apps & Notifications --> System UI --> Notifications --> Battery.
Here you can define whether the warning should be displayed by pop-up and sound or without it.
You now know how to deactivate or mute the battery warning that appears at 15% in Android 9.0 Pie.